Tuesday, November 20, 2012

AEDM (Day 20) - Conte Girl

Do you read the Artist Daily newsletter?  Not only is it informative but from time to time they feature free offers from their Trusted Partners.  Today I received two of the new Conte pastel pencils that will be released in 2013.
Please note that I am ALWAYS a sucker for a letter that starts with "Dear Artist" - 
Anyhoo - I decided to play with them within about 30 minutes of opening the envelope and ended up with a girl that looks, according to Caleb, as if "she spent too long in the taffy pulling machine".  Yes, her head is long and narrow -  
but look what happens if you  take a picture from another angle- just right!!  I'm not familiar with Conte pencil and it is pretty chalky but was fun to work with and seems to be pretty secure with a spray or two of Workable Fixative. . . 
Check out all the creativity on Art Every Day Month

5 comments:

alarmcat said...

i think she looks perfect! thanks for the tip about the newsletter. i'll check it out!

Dana said...

Oh that's lovely!

Kimberly Jones said...

She's very pretty! I just used a Conte pencil for the first time the other day, and I love it! It's soft enough to smudge with your finger, but stays in place when you add other wet media. I love the white dots and lines on this girl!

Duaa said...

This is beautiful!

DJ said...

love the style